Thursday, January 07, 2010

An Ongoing Journey

It was in 1995/6 that I was challenged for the second time to reconsider just about everything I had ever believed. Throughout the 1960’s I had been very involved with the local Anglican Church (amongst other things I was treasurer for 8 years), but gradually became disillusioned because of what I saw as the lack of ‘radical’ Christianity. Later I became a member of the Worldwide Church of God – the church that in 1995 announced that much of its theology had been misguided.  It was in 1998 that I suddenly became aware of the freedom and liberation from the slavery of legalism.  It was in 2003 that I really became aware of this worldwide phenomena sometimes referred to as "The out of church Christians" alongside the Emerging Church / Emergent movement.  It was at this time that I found the book, "So you don't want to go to church anymore" written by Wayne Jacobsen and Dave Coleman.


This blog has been in existence for a few years but so much has happened since reading "The Shack" that I created a new blog - "The Room of Grace" - that is a better reflection of my recent journey.